What does it really mean when a person comes to Jesus Christ? The Bible tells us that person is transformed. That is, they are changed from someone who has been adrift and without hope into someone with purpose and destiny in God. They have a life that has meaning, they are on a path of growth, maturity, service and ministry. Why? Because they are called. Called by God to fulfill a unique plan that God has just for them.
Today we will look at what the Bible says about us as believers and followers of Jesus and what the Scriptures say we are, and what exactly it is that He has called us to do.
But you are A CHOSEN RACE, A royal PRIESTHOOD, A HOLY NATION, A PEOPLE FOR Gods OWN POSSESSION, so that you may proclaim the excellencies of Him who has called you out of darkness into His marvelous light; NASB.
He Calls the Unlikely
Today, many in our society suffer from purposelessness. Even Christians struggle with this. We are chosen by God to be his daughter or son. It is not based on our own goodness, competency or ability. We dont see ourselves as God does (1Co 1:26-31).
To be the Unstoppable
1. A Family of Priests - What does it mean to be a priest before God? Now we are to offer spiritual sacrifices.
a. We offer ourselves as a spiritual sacrifice (Ro 12:1-2).
b. We offer our praise as a spiritual sacrifice (Heb 13:15).
2. A Royal Family - What does it mean to be a King in Gods Kingdom? We have authority & privilege to fight against the enemy (Lk 10:19).
3. A Holy Family - How can I be holy before God?
a. He makes us holy (1Th 3:13).
b. We must cooperate with Him (2Co 7:1 & Eph 5:23-24) and obey His word (Jn 14:23).
4. A Special Family - How can God call me special, His chosen one?
a. We are now the people of God because of what Christ has done for us (Eph 1:7, 1Jn 1:9, 1Pt 2:10, Eph 1:4).
To do the Unfathomable! 1Co 2:9; Eph 3:20
1. The Gospel is all about going and proclaiming (Mt 9:37-38; Lk 10:2; Jn 4:35-36, Mt 28:19-20). Going wherever God says to go. The Gospel is a seeking Gospel.
2. Proclamation is twofold. Word - preaching the Gospel of the Kingdom. Deed - demonstrating the reality of the Kingdom of God.
3. We have a tendency to limit God in our lives. We say, I cant do that, or we simply fear.
Remember: You dont have to be a hero to be effective for God. You only have to be willing to go and say and do whatever He asks you.
1. What has God been saying to me regarding my life and His calling?
2. Am I, at this point in my life, willing to completely put myself in Gods hands and trust him?
3. What steps can I take now to walk in the calling that God has for me?