Lets Review what Jesus has been speaking to our church these last couple of weeks
Pastor Frank: Life Together
Community is essential; we are part of a large family.
We are priests and ministers to each other/world.
Life together brings the overflow blessing of God.
Pastor Craig: Bearing One Anothers Burdens
We are to assist each other through lifes trials.
Love is expressed through service and care.
No Christian is independent; we all need each other.
How to help: prayer, be present, provide/give.
Lets talk about what LMI does for you
It teaches you the Word, theology, history.
It releases you into a community of learning and service.
It reveals all that the church is and does.
It allows you to discover your personal gifts & calling and forces you to develop biblical character.
It trains you for ministry with a goal to release you in, and place you in ministry.
What does the Scripture say about the value of knowing the Word?
This book of the law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do according to all that is written in it; for then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have success (Jos 1:8).
Meditate: the process of chewing over and over (cow & cud)
- Jewish meditation involved focusing on God Himself by seeking understanding and pondering His works.
- Jewish meditation was done aloud; it was spoken out.
- That which was known about God was to be practiced.
Key: Knowing the Word brings spiritual success which releases Gods blessing & victory in life.
What does the Scripture say about the value of learning more about the Word?
The things you have learned and received and heard and seen in me, practice these things, and the God of peace shall be with you (Php 4:9).
Important Words = learned & received, heard & seen, practice
- Learned & Received = focuses on the student-teacher relationship; means to have received instruction and oral tradition from another
- Heard & Seen = observation of the teachers ministry and life
- Practice (continual action) = to imitate, to do the same
Key: A heart devoted to learning & doing Gods Word releases a life of spiritual ministry that changes the world.
How do we strive for more?
By Learning: Engage the Word.
- 19% of Christians regularly read their Bible.
- Jesus was synagogue trained, met with teachers in the temple.
- Disciples spent 3.5 years with Jesus.
- Paul was educated under Gamaliel.
- Study to show yourself approved (2Ti 2:15).
By being stretched: be uncomfortable for the Lord.
- Enlarge the place of your dwelling; stretch your curtains.
- Dream the dreams of God; refuse to be bound.
- Minister in areas that naturally make you uneasy.
How do we strive for more?
By stepping out in faith and ministering regularly.
- Each is given a manifestation of the Spirit for common good.
- Encourage and build one another up (1Th 5:11).
- Encourage one another day after day (Heb 3:13) .
Conclusion: Lets wrap this up
What I believe Jesus is speaking to our church:
- Live in community and minister to reach others.
- Love, care for, and serve each other.
- Assist one another in difficult times.
- Strive for more; refuse to be complacent.
- Study and learn the Word.
- Grow spiritually walk in faith.
- Step out in ministry and change the world.
Jesus said that if we have faith the size of a mustard seed and say to this mountain move, it will move (Mt 17:20). Family, what mountains do we need moved?
Lets become the community and people of faith that Jesus has intended for us to be.
Lets stand against the works of hell and take back our community, cities, nation, & our world for our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.