In a world full of ups, downs and even side to sides it can be very tough to live. You knew that. You knew that because of Jesus words each day has enough trouble of its own (Matthew 6:34). Great. Jesus essentially says every day will be tough enough, so dont even think about tomorrow. Thats a whole nother discussion. So if we live in such a crazy plan, with enough worry in a day for Jesus to tell us to stay focused on the day were inhow can I faithfully worship? What could I possibly have to stand on? Well, like Pastor Steve would say I know. I know (and you do to!) what you have to stand on that will last forever. Isaiah 40:8 tells us, The grass withers, the flower fades, But the word of our God stands forever. Today, Id like to share with you some of the verses that have meant so much to me as I continue to stand in awe, wonder and praise of our God. Let them sink into you, and youll praise no matter whats ahead or behind.
Eternal Reasons to Worship No Matter What:
1. He has promised trouble (John 16:20-33)
2. He wants a living sacrifice, not a dead one (Romans 12:1-2)
Present your bodies - Worship is an act of will, not ability.
3. He Himself will show up (James 4:7-8)
4. He has assured me a glad welcome (Ephesians 3:12 [NLT])
5. Praise has more power than a pity party (Joshua 6:20; Acts 16:16-38)
6. Im hidden with Christ (Colossians 3:1-4)
7. He came for my kind of people: sinners (Matthew 9:9-12)
8. The object of my worship doesnt depreciate in value (Hebrews 13:8)
1. Use memorized Scripture to strengthen the foundation of your worship.
2. If you havent memorized some Scripture, memorize all of the Scriptures above.
Remember, memorize them after you realize the meaning in context. Otherwise, you could make it say something that wasnt intended.
3. Start Now. Remember, praising God doesnt always line up with our emotions or circumstancesbut your worship isnt based on those things.
1. Describe a time where you knew you were supposed to worship, but didnt. Describe a time where you didnt want to worship, but did anyway. What was the difference between the two?
2. What scriptures have been important to you in your walk with God? How could those begin to impact your worship?