Everyday we are confronted with both the great need and complete corruption of humanity
We constantly ask ourselves why God allows our world to continue to slip into darkness
There is an internal desire in all of us to see this change
Jesus has a solution
Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I commanded you; and lo I am with you always even to the end of the age.
- Make disciples learners, mimickers, committed followers
- Teaching them Continued instruction, modeling, and release people in ministry
Jesus Solution is Simple He has determined to send willing laborers into the harvest field, and this will change the very nature of the world in which we live
The Problem: The workers are few as there are many distractions and demands of the world in which we live
The Eternal Question: Who will go, will you?
Bible Lesson: The Practical Demands of Christian Discipleship (1Pe 4:7-11)
The Christian life is to be lived in the light of Christs impending return.
- A warning: Remove complacency, be watchful and faithful in service
- Hope: Persecution and hardship will soon be over forever
Christians are to stand in prayer.
- Not allowing themselves to become overwhelmed with fear
- Remain emotionally and morally balanced as well as mentally alert for the purpose of prayer
- Prayer invades the impossible = salvation, protection, deliverance, provision, miracles
Christians are to continually love others sacrificially (especially other Christians).
- Give priority to others through love example hospitality, forgiveness of sins
Christians are to use their God-given gifts to serve others.
Christians are to live in a way that constantly brings glory to the Lord.
The Challenge to the Church: Become Christians who purposely invest the life God has given you in others.
Develop a Kingdom Awareness
- Realize that the kingdom is here, and that Jesus is coming back soon
- Focus your energy and attention on building Gods Kingdom
Become a Strong Disciple Yourself
- Full surrender to God (all that I have, all that I want is in you)
- Set yourself to grow
- Develop your quiet time with the Lord; participate in corporate services and prayer
- Develop Christian relationships which will force you to grow spiritually
- Develop strong Christian relationship (LTG, MiniChurch)
Become a Discipler of Others
- Exercise your spiritual gifts
- Intentionally minister to others through the power of the Holy Spirit
- Give away all that the Lord has given you